Arrive Two Hours Before Flight
The airlines at Wichita Mid-Continent Airport are urging passengers to arrive at least two hours before their departure in order to make their flights. The limited space at the security checkpoint and increased traffic are causing longer lines and slower screening especially in the early morning hours. There are 11 flights which depart ICT between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. Passengers should also be aware ticket counters close a half hour before the departure time so the airlines can work their departing flights.
“With summer approaching, traffic is expected to be heavier, so avoid unnecessary stress and arrive at the Airport early,” said Valerie Wise, Air Service & Business Development Manager.
Flight Preparation Tips:
- Check- in online. Print the boarding pass and pay luggage fees online up to 24 hours before departure.
- Arrive at the gate at least one-half hour before departure to ensure enough time to board the flight before the door closes.
- Review TSA rules. Remember the 3-1-1 rule when packing carry-on luggage.
- Dress for travel. Slip-on shoes and little or no jewelry or metal will help make it easier to get through security.
- Make sure the names on the boarding pass and government issued photo ID match.