Sign In

City Seeks Input on Federal Programs

Contact: Mary K. Vaughn |

Online survey will identify the community’s priorities

The City of Wichita is seeking input regarding spending priorities for diminishing federal funds, which are designated to assist low- to moderate-income residents and revitalize communities.

Residents can access an online survey at Paper copies can be printed from the website and returned to the Housing and Community Services Department at 332 N. Riverview or emailed to Surveys must be completed by Monday, Dec. 19.

Each year the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) allocates Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) funding to the City of Wichita. Funds can be used for a variety of activities. In the past, they have been used to fund home repairs for low-income residents, to replace crumbling sidewalks, to support social service programs, and to provide downpayment and closing cost loans for low-to-moderate income, first-time homebuyers.

“We want to encourage residents to take advantage of this opportunity,” said Mary K. Vaughn, Director of the Housing and Community Services Department. “Over the past few years funds have been decreasing, so it is increasingly important to hear from residents about their top priorities for funding.”

In 2011, Wichita’s CDBG allocation was reduced by 16%; it is expected to be reduced 11 % in 2012. The 2012 HOME funding allocation will be decreased by 37% in 2012.

City of Wichita logo

Visiting City Hall?

​City Hall
455​ N Main, 13th Floor
Wichita, KS 67202​

Where do I park?

Security Guidelines

City Hall Hours

8am - 5pm (M-F)

List of holiday ​closures

​Contact Us

Got a question? Chat live with a customer service rep

Website questions? Email the ​Webmaste​​r ​​​​​​

Media questions? Email City ​Communications