The City of Wichita and Wichita Airport Authority will break ground on the new Parking Garage and Rental Car Center at Wichita’s Mid-Continent Airport on Wednesday, April 24. Speakers will discuss details related to the new structure, as well as interim plans for parking at the airport while construction takes place.
WHAT: Wichita Mid-Continent Airport Groundbreaking – Parking Garage and Rental Car Center
WHEN: 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, April 24, 2013
WHERE: Short-term parking lot at Mid-Continent Airport
*Take Mid-Continent Drive to Short Term Parking
* Enter Short Term Parking Lot and take ticket
* Park in Short Term Parking (vouchers will be provided)
* Event will be marked
* Mayor Carl Brewer, City of Wichita and President of the Wichita Airport Authority
* Victor White, Director of Airports
* Dr. Thom Rosenberg, Chair, Wichita Airport Advisory Board
Members of the Wichita City Council, Wichita Airport Advisory Board and other community leaders have been invited to attend.
In case of inclement weather, a press briefing will take place at 10:30 a.m. on the same day in the Administration Building at the airport, 2173 S. Air Cargo Rd.