CityArts has creative activities for youth over school break
CityArts is offering eight Winter Break Art Camps for youth ages 6-15 starting Monday, Dec 30 through Friday, Jan. 3. Each camp focuses on a different artistic theme. Parents have the option of enrolling their children in both morning and afternoon sessions to create all-day art experiences. Children staying all day must bring their own sack lunches. No camps will be offered on New Year’s Day. CityArts is located at 334 N. Mead in Old Town Square.
“CityArts’ art camps during the winter break have been a popular option for parents in Wichita for years,” said Youth Education Director Liz Daniel. “The camps get kids out of the house to be creative and make new friends.”
The enrollment fee is $25 for each of the following camps:
- Dec. 30: Collage Art, 9 a.m.-noon, learn the ancient process of making handmade paper
- Dec. 30: Archeological Art, 1-4 p.m., make faux fossils with found objects and plaster.
- Dec. 31: Printmaking, 9 a.m.-noon, print your own design on a T-shirt.
- Dec. 31: Weaving, 1-4 p.m., make handmade bracelets.
- Jan. 2: Art History, 9 a.m.-noon, re-create famous paintings.
- Jan 2: Van Gogh Painting, 1-4 p.m., paint abstractly without a brush.
- Jan. 3: Coppersmithing, 9 a.m.-noon, mold and shape metals into works of art.
- Jan. 3: Drawing, 1-4 p.m., take drawing to the next level.
As an added benefit, parents have early drop-off (7:30-9 a.m.) and late pick-up (4-5:30 p.m.) options. For more information or to enroll your children in Winter Break Art Camps, contact CityArts at 316-350-3245.