Excellence in Public Service Award honorees will be surprised on Friday, April
24, at their respective workplaces. Media are encouraged to attend the
annual surprise-at-work announcements at the following times and locations:
- The City of Wichita honoree is scheduled to be surprised at 8:30 a.m. on Friday at the Transit Administration Office Conference Room at 777 E. Waterman (south building). Media should arrive no later than 8:25 a.m.
- The Sedgwick County honoree is scheduled to be surprised at 10 a.m. on Friday in the Sedgwick County Courthouse, 525 N. Main (3rd floor boardroom). Media should arrive no later than 9:55 a.m.
- The Wichita Public Schools honoree is scheduled to be surprised at 11 a.m. on Friday at Wichita South High School, 701 W. 33rd St South. Media should gather in Principal Cara Ledy’s conference room and then to the winner’s classroom. Park at the flag pole in front of the entrance; driver’s licenses will be scanned for a visitor’s badge. Media should arrive no later than 10:50 a.m.
- Friday’s surprise announcements will mark the 28th year of the Excellence in Public Service Award, sponsored by the DeVore Foundation. The award recognizes public service employees who demonstrate strong work ethic, high performance and a commitment to community.
- Selected from thousands of eligible workers from the City of Wichita, Sedgwick County and Wichita Public Schools, each honoree will receive a $2,500 check at a reception on May 5 at The Cowtown Visitors Center, 1865 W. Museum Blvd. Other sponsors include KSN, Channel 3.
An updated news release will be issued on Friday
announcing the names of the honorees after the final surprise-at-work.