American Airlines is bringing back large jet service to the Wichita - Dallas market starting Tuesday, August 23. To reintroduce large jet service, American will operate two MD-80 round-trip flights between Aug. 23 and 30 and three round-trip flights between Aug. 31 and Oct. 5.
After Oct. 5, American will have one daily round-trip flight on mainline aircraft between ICT-DFW. In addition to the MD-80s, American will use 50- and 76-seat regional jets. The large jet service will reduce frequency from seven to six daily flights but provide more seats.
The MD-80 has 140 total seats, 124 coach cabin, (only one middle seat per row in coach class), and 16 first-class seats. The MD-80s are equipped with inflight Wi-Fi and DC power outlets in select rows. The mainline schedule is as follows:
Aug. 23 – Oct. 5 (this round-trip service returns to a regional jet on Oct. 6):
- Depart ICT @ 6:21 pm; arrive DFW @ 7:44 pm (no operations Tue/Sat from 8/24 – 10/5)
- Depart DFW @ 4:25 pm; arrive ICT @ 5:41 pm (no operations Tue/Sat from 8/24 – 10/5)
Aug. 31 – Oct. 5 (this round-trip returns to a regional jet on Oct. 6):
- Depart ICT @5:00 am; arrive DFW @ 6:23 am (no operations on Sun)
- Depart DFW @ 10:20 pm; arrive ICT @ 11:37 pm (no operations on Sat)
This round-trip starts Aug. 23 and continues past Oct. 5:
- Depart ICT @ 8:00 am; arrive DFW @ 9: 23 am
- Depart DFW @ 6:40 pm; arrive ICT @ 8:01 pm
American served the ICT-DFW route with mainline aircraft until March 2015 with four daily flights. In an effort to give passengers improved connectivity at its DFW hub, American increased frequency to seven daily flights using regional aircraft.