Today Mayor Whipple announced the formulation of a new Mayor's Small Business Advisory Council. The council is comprised of 10 individuals representing local small businesses and organizations. The council will provide feedback on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on local businesses.
The individuals on the committee include:
- Kara Kauffman - Dress for Success Wichita
- Joey Kate Laurie - ReeceNichols Real Estate
- Janelle Robertson - Trove Total Body Studio
- Eddie Sandoval - Pinole Blue
- Emily Shonka - Emily's: A Salon
- Amber Beck - Womens Initiative Network
- Nathan Jackel - Central Standard Brewing
- Fe Vorderlandwehr - Alzheimer's Association Central & Western Kansas
- Pam Spillman-Edmonson - Skin Essentials Wichita
- Felicia Despain - Irvin Jacks Barber Spa
"It's more crucial than ever that we are engaging and listening to our small business community," said Mayor Brandon Whipple. "I want to ensure that we are receiving a wide range of perspectives and experiences to help us formulate policy to help support the small businesses and organizations that are the backbone of our economy."
The committee will serve a three month term before the next committee is appointed. This will allow the Mayor to garner a wide range of feedback from the community. The committee is slated to meet virtually twice a month or more often as needed.
If an individual is interested in serving on the committee, they may email the Mayor at