In the interest of conserving energy, the City of Wichita is extending the closure of multiple public facilities through the end of day Thursday, February 18.
The building shutdowns are a temporary and a precautionary measure that the City is taking to preserve power supplies for residents and critical operations.
City facilities that will close include:
- Mid-America All-Indian Museum
- Old Cowtown Museum
- OJ Watson Park
- City of Wichita Recreation Centers
- Ralph Wulz Riverside Tennis Center
- All Wichita Public Library locations
- All aesthetic lights that do not impact the safety of pedestrian and motorists, including spotlights on City Hall, the dome roof lights of Century II and in Old Town
Operations at these facilities are expected to resume at normal hours on Friday, February 19.
Temperatures at most other occupied municipal facilities are set at 67-68 degrees.