Wichita Public Library is working to help build awareness about the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program. ACP helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
The ACP provides:
- A discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households
- A discount of up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- One-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 towards the purchase price
Wichita Public Library’s technology trainers will be available the following dates and locations to assist residents with enrollment:
- Wednesday, March 8: noon-6 p.m., Walters Branch, 4195 E. Harry St.
- Wednesday, March 15: noon-6 p.m., Walters Branch, 4195 E. Harry St.
- Friday, March 17, 1:30-5:30 p.m., Evergreen Branch, 2601 N. Arkansas
- Wednesday, March 22: noon-6 p.m., Walters Branch, 4195 E. Harry St.
- Friday, March 24, 1:30-5:30 p.m., Evergreen Branch, 2601 N. Arkansas
- Friday, March 31, 1:30-5:30 p.m., Evergreen Branch, 2601 N. Arkansas
A household is eligible for the ACP if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Received a Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program;
- Participates in one of these assistance programs:
- Free and reduced-price school lunch program or school breakfast program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers)
- Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811
- Public Housing
o Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- Or Lifeline;
- Participates in one of these assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start (income based)
- Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians
Eligible households can enroll online at affordableconnectivity.gov to submit an online application or print a mail-in application, or by contacting their preferred broadband provider and selecting a plan.