The City of Wichita Division of Arts and Cultural Services today opened applications for 2024 cultural funding grants. This longstanding grant program offers funding for operational needs to organizations that serve Wichita residents and visitors with dynamic arts and cultural programs.
Applications, tips on submitting applications are more are available at wichita.gov/arts.
Funding opportunities include operating grants for nonprofit cultural arts organizations and developing art grants for new cultural arts organizations in the Wichita community. This year, artists will apply online via the online grant platform Submittable.
- Monday, March 6 – Applications are available online
- Monday, March 6 through Friday, May 26 – Staff will review drafts for completion
- Tuesday, March 21 - Developing Artists Info Sessions (10 a.m. virtual, 2 p.m. at CityArts)
- Wednesday, March 22 - Operating Grants Info Sessions (10 a.m. virtual & 2 p.m. at CityArts)
- Thursday, March 23 - Submittable Info Sessions (10 a.m. virtual & 2 p.m. at CityArts)
- Friday, June 2 - Submission Deadline
All prospective applicants are encouraged to attend an information session about the grant opportunities in addition to the Submittable training offered at 10 a.m. (virtual) and 2 p.m. (at CityArts) on Thursday, March 23. Additionally, the program’s Artist Access Grant will still be available for 2024.
The Artist Access grant is a funding opportunity for individual, Wichita-based artists to fund professional development services and opportunities and will be open for applications later in the year. After feedback from area artists, the application for this grant is being moved closer to the fiscal year to allow artists better access to this funding opportunity.
In 2023, the City awarded over $3 million in cultural arts funding to area artists and organizations. To see a list of grant recipients for 2023, please visit wichita.gov/arts.