The Wichita Public Library will add three new library cards to its selection for customers to choose from this winter – but first, residents need to help the Library design the new cards. Beginning August 31 and running until 5 p.m. Friday, October 27, residents in three age categories – kids (5-12), teens (13-17) and adults (18+) can submit their designs.
- Kids (5-12), Teens (13-17), Adults (18+) who are active library customers may enter the contest.
- One entry per person.
- One winner from each category listed above will be chosen.
- Artwork must be in color, original and not published elsewhere. It should be free of copyright restrictions.
- Artwork can include computer generated or digital photographs, or paper submissions using colored pencil, pen, paint, markers, etc.
- Submitted artwork becomes property of Wichita Public Library.
- A group from the Library Board will review entries and select finalists. The group will select two finalists in each category, and the public will select the top winner in each category through an online social media vote.
- Library staff may modify winning artwork to meet production requirements.
- Artist’s name will appear on the back of the printed cards. Do not include your name in your artwork.
- Winners’ names may appear in news media, social media, library website and other applicable communications.
- Submitted artwork should be landscape orientation, 17”x11”
- Artwork will be trimmed approximately ⅛” on each side for printing. Actual card size is 2 ⅛” x 3 ⅜”.
- All entries must be accompanied by a signed entry form.
All entries must be submitted using an online form available at wichitalibrary.org/carddesign. Entries not created digitally should be submitted electronically using the online submission form through a digital photograph – staff will reach out for original artwork if chosen as a finalist.