The City of Wichita Division of Arts and Cultural Services today opened applications for 2024 Artist Access funding grants. This grant program is designed to assist practicing, professional, or emerging artists serving the citizens of Wichita, Kansas.
Applications, tips on submitting applications, and more are available at wichita.gov/arts.
Funding opportunities include support for artists to take advantage of specific and exceptional professional development or skill-building opportunities to advance their work and careers as working artists. This year, artists will apply online via the online grant platform, Submittable.
- Monday, September 18 – Applications are available online.
- Monday, September 18 through Tuesday, October 31 – Staff will review drafts for completion.
- Thursday, September 28 – Info Sessions (10 a.m. virtual, 2 p.m. at CityArts)
- Wednesday, November 1 – Deadline to be guaranteed for consideration.
- Applications will be live for 7 months or until funds are exhausted. Grants will be awarded in waves, starting with the November 1 deadline. Please see wichita.gov/arts for additional details.
All prospective applicants are encouraged to attend an information session about the grant opportunity at 10 a.m. (virtual) and 2 p.m. (at CityArts) on Thursday, September 28. Staff will also briefly review using the Submittable platform during both sessions.
In 2023, the City awarded over $3 million in cultural arts funding to area artists and organizations. To see a list of grant recipients for 2023, please visit wichita.gov/arts.