Dog Park Rules
Last revised 05-2013
Violations or disregard of dog park rules can result in removal from the park, suspension of use privileges, and citations/fines. The regulations established in Section 6.04.218 of the Wichita City Code govern the conduct of users of designated dog parks.
Wichita City Code 6.04.218
- Park hours are from 6:00 a.m. to midnight per City Ordinance Sec. 9.03.040
- Dogs must be 5 mos of age or over and have a valid rabies vaccination and applicable license.
- All dogs must wear a collar with identification and rabies tags when using the park.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering or leaving the fenced area of the park and have a leash available at all times while accompanying their dog in the park.
- Persons handling dogs must be at least 14 years of age.
- Dog handlers must remain in the dog park with the dog, and must be in reasonable control of the dog at all times.
- No more than 3 dogs are allowed per visitor.
- Dogs that have been deemed dangerous under Chapter 6 of the City Code, dogs that show signs of aggressiveness towards people or other animals, or dogs that are ill are prohibited from using the dog park.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- No unneutered dogs allowed.
- Dog parks are only for the use of dogs and their owners/handlers. No other types of pets are allowed in the dog park.
- No food, rawhide chews, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, skateboards, motorbikes, bicycles, or rollerblades allowed.
- No littering.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the dog park area and within ten feet of the parks perimeter.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for their dog's behavior and must immediately remove any excrement deposited by their dog from the park and fill any holes dug by their pet.
- Professional dog trainers may not conduct their business in the dog park.
- Park areas are segregated for the use of "small" and "large" dogs. Small dogs are defined as dogs weighing 25 lbs or less, and large dogs are dogs weighing more than 25 lbs.
- Owners/handlers will not allow large dogs into the small dog area of the park.
- Owners/handlers will not allow small dogs into the large dog area of the park.
- Animal bites should be reported to Animal Services 350-3360.
- Owners are responsible for any injuries or property damage caused by their dog.
- Owners/handlers must immediately restrain their animal and/or leave the park when instructed to do so by any law enforcement or animal services officer or parks department employee.
- Violations or disregard of these rules can result in removal from the park, suspension of use privileges, and citations/fines.
- The regulations established in Section 6.04.218 of the Code of the City of Wichita govern the conduct of users of designated dog parks.