1901 S Kansas, 67211 | 51.12 acres |
Acquired in 1887 in a donation by Henry Schweiter, Charles Aldrich and others as part of the Linwood Park system.
This park contains the Park Department Greenhouse and Nursery. The Recreation Center is also utilized by the Good Neighbor Nutrition Program who serve hot lunches to the elderly.
The park contains 90 different species of beautiful trees emanating from a diversification theme instigated in 1950 by the Board of Park Commissioners.
Land and Water Conservation Funds, provided by the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks and the National Park Service, have been used to develop this park.
Picnic Tables | Charcoal Grills | Drinking Fountains | Restroom Facility | Children's Playground | Parking Lots
Recreation Center | Basketball/Multi-use Court | Baseball/Softball Diamonds | Football Field | Horseshoe Courts | Splash Pad | Tennis Courts | Tetherball Courts | Volleyball Court | Canal Hike and Bike Trails
Rent a Baseball/Softball DiamondRent a Football FieldRent a Recreation Center