Pickleball is a paddle sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong and is a fun, social and friendly activity. Like tennis, pickleball can be played in games for singles or doubles. Because pickleball uses a smaller court and underhand services, the game is a good fit for mature adults. Though it is easier to play than tennis, players are sure to get a good workout!
The basics of pickleball:
- The ball must stay inbounds
- There should be one bounce per side
- Serving must be done at the baseline
- The serve can’t land in the no-volley zone
- The game ends at 11, 15, or 21 points
To learn more about pickleball rules or take lessons, view the Riverside Tennis Center section below.