Walk at our Recreation Centers
The City of Wichita Park & Recreation Department and the Kansas Business Group on Health (KBGH) have partnered to provide a
Walk at Work Joint Use Agreement that allows residents to walk inside the City's recreation centers in order to encourage physical activity. Check out the hours our recreation centers are open.
There are no fees to utilize the recreation centers for walking; however, there may be an applicable charge if participants wish to utilitize other components of the recreation centers, participate in classes, etc.
Please sign at the recreation center's front desk at each visit and notate the organization you are from for tracking use purposes.
The KBGH and the City of Wichita Park & Recreation Department shall be held harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, expense, attorneys' fees, or claims for injury or damages, arising out of the performance of this agreement, but only in proportion to and to the extent of such liability, loss, expense, attorneys' fees or claims for injury are caused by or result from negligent or intentional acts or omissions of the KBGH and the City of Wichita, its officers, agents or employees.
Additional benefits available at the recreation centers:
- Rental space available for retreats and wellness related events
- Indoor/outdoor space for a picnic lunch.
- Get in those steps! Access to the City of Wichita's indoor space allows you to walk no matter the weather!
The Kansas Business Group on Health can offer members:
- Education and training on best practices for benefit and health plan design, specific to your company's size or industry.
- Discounted rates to the annual Healthcare Roundtable and the Innovation Summit, as well as discounted rates on services shown to reduce healthcare costs.
- Technical assistance with developing and implementing strategies to lower health care costs.