Two committees are being formed in order to help ensure that the Wichita Downtown Streets Conceptual Plan meets the needs of our community. In addition to the committees, a planning team has been created to staff the planning process.
Below are brief descriptions of each committee and the planning team.
This committee helps to guide the process, develop the plan, and ultimately endorse/approve the final draft for presentation to the Wichita City Council. The Focus Group members are citizens and representatives of public and private organizations, volunteering to assist with this project. There are many ways that the Focus Group members are involved in the process, including the following:
- participate in Focus Group meetings
- assist with project oversight to ensure that this civic initiative accomplishes its purpose on time and within the budget
- assist in the development of plan goals and objectives
- assist in the review and development of a comprehensive network of bicycle facilities
- review and recommend policies and programs
- help develop criteria for setting priorities
- review and provide input on implementation strategies
Technical Advisory Committee
This committee consists of City of Wichita staff members. The committee assists with the plan development by providing technical expertise and internal review of materials related to the plan. The Technical Advisory Committee generally consists of representatives from City departments that are responsible for planning, designing, constructing, maintaining, and policing public roadway facilities.