Sign In

Frequently Asked Questions

​How can I contest my citation?

Parking citations are contested in court. You have ten days from the date the citation was issued to schedule a court hearing. Failure to respond within ten days could result in additional fees being assessed.
How to request a court hearing

Why can't I feed the meter to continue parking in a space beyond the posted time limits?

Curbside parking is the most convenient parking available for visitors and patrons in a business district. Time limits are enforced to encourage turnover and to help make leave spaces open for short-term parking. Parkers requiring long-term parking are encouraged to park in one of the public garages, lots, or on-street spaces without time limits.

What is the difference between a private parking ticket/violation and a City parking citation?

Private parking tickets are between the property owner or their representative/parking company and the owner of the vehicle with the parking violation, they do not involve the City. Property owners can charge people for parking on their property, but they cannot issue lawful tickets or suspend a driver's license. Consumers can contact the parking company if they have questions or wish to appeal the violation. They should follow the process described on their ticket. Appeals are generally handled on a case-by-case basis.

Does an individual with a disability need to pay a parking meter?

The State of Kansas (K.S.A. 8-1,126) provides the privilege of exempting from any parking meter fee of the State, city, or other political subdivision - motor vehicles that have a handicapped plate or placard issued by or for the use of the person with a disability.

Am I able to park my company's bus on the street?

The answer depends, and listed below are a few things you should consider.