Any comment submitted to City social media is subject to disclosure pursuant to the Kansas Open Records Act. Public information requests must be directed to the City of Wichita’s Public Information Officer. Content posted to this page will be monitored, and content that violates the City of Wichita’s and Facebook’s or other social media platform’s overarching social media standards listed will be removed or hidden. Content shared by the City of Wichita, its departments, City officials or staff members on the social media page is informational and does not constitute official positions or policies on any matter addressed. The City of Wichita and its departments, City officials and staff members disclaim all responsibility and liability for any content that the City of Wichita deems inappropriate for posting, which cannot be removed in an expeditious or otherwise timely manner.
The City of Wichita proscribes photos, videos and content published to City of Wichita or departmental social channels from containing any of the following:
- Content promoting, fostering or perpetuating discrimination based on race, creed, color, age, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or physical or mental disability;
- Profane language or content;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Libelous content;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public systems or public facilities;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
- City personnel matters, whether protected by employment law or not;
- Endorsement of political candidates, causes or groups, unless given express written permission by the City’s Communication Team for City events, services or causes that have explicit, general City sponsorship.